In light of all the Facebook algorithm changes that were recently announced, there’s one thing you can do now as a business to better market yourself on this social media platform. Get on Facebook Live.
While we understand doing Facebook Live videos/ chats may be intimidating at first, we cannot stress enough how important it is to use this feature to your advantage. By doing so, not only will your business get ahead of the others, but you will also be able to connect with your audience/ customers in a way you’ve never done before.
So where do you start? We’ve compiled the best 10 tips for using Facebook Live, so you can get on it as soon as possible!
10 Tips for Using Facebook Live
- Make people aware of when you’re going live ahead of time. Teasers are proved to bring higher engagement, so make sure your audience knows exactly when you’re going to broadcast. Don’t forget to check your Facebook insights to determine what’s the best time to reach your people or better yet, do a poll and ask them directly!
- Promote, promote, promote. Don’t let people forget about the upcoming live session! Make sure you boost some posts or run a Facebook ad about the event. Don’t want to spend money on promotion? Change the Facebook cover on your business page for the one with all the FB Live details and cross promote on other channels/ website/ newsletter.
- Write a compelling description before going live. Let people know why you’re going live and what you’ll be covering ahead of time.
- Go live with a strong WIFI connection. There’s nothing worse than losing touch during a live session or breaking up and
not getting your point across. ALWAYS make sure you have a great Internet connection before you’re going live.
- Ask your viewers to follow you to receive notifications when you go live.
- Once you’re live, acknowledge your viewers frequently. Say hello to commenters by name and to respond to their comments.
- Be authentic. Going live is a great opportunity to see the face behind the brand, so make sure you live a great impression! The more comfortable you feel in front of the camera, the better your connection will be. That’s why it’s important to practice your talking points before the live session.
- Broadcast for longer periods of time to reach more people. The longer you’re live, the more likely people are to discover and share your video with their friends on Facebook. Also, don’t get straight to the point once you’re live because your audience might be tuning in late. The minimum time you should be live is 10 minutes, but you can go up to 4 hours at a time.
- Be creative and go live often. That’s the best way to keep your audience engaged.
- Optimize Your Live Recording. You’re worried not enough people tuned in to your live stream? Facebook Live videos are immediately archived, so you’ll most likely get more views later on. To keep the interest, add a comment after the live event thanking everyone for watching. Make sure you encourage further comments and follow -up questions to get more news feed activity and engagement. Ask your audience to share the archived copy of the video that will be in the timeline.
The bottom line is, using Facebook Live should be fun for both you and your audience! It’s really the best way to show your audience behind the scenes and to give them a chance to connect with your business on a more personal level. There’s really nothing better you can do to better market your business in this space!
Have you ever used Facebook live before? Tell us about your experience!
Advertising Is Simple is a full-service marketing agency located in Wilmington, Delaware helping small to mid-sized businesses with all their digital marketing, radio and television advertising needs.