New year, new digital marketing strategy! Now that we’re halfway through the first month of 2020, it’s time to talk about your business. Analyzing your business is the first step to understanding your plan of action.
Are you wondering where to start? Here’s what you need to take into consideration before you figure out the best digital marketing strategy for your business.
What to Do Before Implementing New Digital Marketing Strategy in 2020
- Digital Audit – There’s always room for improvement and your business online presence is no exception. When was the last time you updated your website? How about your online directories? Taking care of your online properties strengthens your SEO, which results in generating more leads for your business!
- SEO Audit – This is when you determine which keywords bring you the most traffic or which web pages attract relevant traffic to your site. Tools like SEMrush work great to figure this out on a page by page level. Once you figure out the list of your best keywords, make sure to go over your meta titles, descriptions, headings and content for each webpage to see where you can improve.
- Content Audit – Think of your content as a marketing opportunity to reach your potential clients. What you put out there has a great power to take your clients from the awareness to the decision stage. Does your current content provide value, relevancy and include a call to action?
- Social Audit – What social media channels are you currently using? What type of engagement is your business getting? How about your followers and online reviews? Once you figure out which platforms are generating the most interactions, you will know what social media channels are worth your money and time.
- Insights Audit – Monitoring your website each month is crucial to know how your digital marketing efforts are supporting your business objectives. Free tools like Google Analytics are easy to use and the data they provide can help you make informed business decisions in the future.
As you can see, the first step to creating a comprehensive and successful digital marketing strategy in 2020 is looking at a big picture. Once you audit all of the mentioned avenues, you will have a better understanding how you can improve your strategy so your business can thrive!
Need help? Contact Advertising Is Simple today! We help small to mid-sized business owners who are too busy running their businesses to focus on their marketing and advertising efforts. We specialize in Internet, TV, and radio advertising, and are particularly vested in Search Engine Optimization, website design, mobile website design, pay-per-click campaigns, and original content management in order to help our clientele claim their share of the marketplace.
Advertising Is Simple| 302.407.0431 | info@AdvertisingIsSimple.com