At this point, you know why Marketing Automation is so important. You understand why video is a great communication tool. You’ve seen how goals influence marketing automation, and how video can be incorporated into those goals.
Last time, we talked all about why using videos and Marketing Automation is beneficial for your business. Today, we are going to dive in deeper and discuss 5 Tips for Successful Video & Marketing Automation.
5 Tips for Successful Video & Marketing Automation
- Center it around the Story, Not the Sale. There is a heap of sales clutter on the Internet that is actively annoying and repelling your customers. Don’t let your brand be that guy – instead, your video should be centered on the story and not the sale. Remember, the same rules that apply for written content marketing apply for video marketing – concentrate on the value you’re providing for your customers.
- Make it the Best 10 Seconds Ever. 1/5 of your viewers will click away from a video within 10 seconds or less. Short and to the point. Get right to the grit of the tale and manage expectations from the outset (within the first 5 to 10 seconds). Try sparking your audience’s curiosity by asking questions and using teasers to hook their attention right away. Your video should immediately convey its value and answer that “why should I watch it?” question that will be on your audience’s mind.
- Lighten Up and Stop Being so Boring! Encourage your video creators to be creative and take risks. Think your B2B audience can’t handle humor? Don’t feel constrained by what’s gone before you in your industry and don’t try to emulate your competitor’s stiff tone and drowsy script. Stand out and take a chance on being funny.
- Optimize for Search. The first thing you should do to derive the maximum SEO value from your video (before you upload your video to any sharing sites) is to host it on your own domain. It’s important to enable embedding on your video as this will help you increase the likelihood of receiving inbound marketing links. Ensure that your videos are tagged with relevant keywords and fully explained with fleshed out descriptions and unique titles. Keep this rule in mind: it is had a box, it has a purpose – Google needs you to fill it out to help you rank.
- Educate and Prove Yourself. Did you know that 65% of your audience are visual learners? One of the most powerful methods you can use for video marketing is to educate your audience. Teach your customers how to use your product or service and provide useful tips on how to make the most of it. Or, create a webinar to showcase your industry knowledge, position your brand as a thought leader, add value to your consumers’ lives and collect leads in the process.
By combining video with your marketing automation tools, you can foster deeper connections with your leads by not only addressing their pain points, but anticipating them based on the buyer’s journey.
What are you waiting for? Start nurturing those leads!
Advertising Is Simple is a full-service marketing agency located in Wilmington, Delaware helping small to mid-sized businesses with all their digital marketing, radio and television advertising needs. Get in touch.