Today’s customers are hungry for information and we know it. In the past, blogging and short form content has been one of the best ways to deliver useful and digestible information to many online users all at once. It not only gave your business a competitive edge but it also just simply helped with marketing. Do you know how to take it a step further these days? Consider sharing video blogs in your online articles.
It’s a fact that online consumers prefer fast information and it’s best if they can get it in a form of a visual content over text. 70% of marketing professionals report that video converts better than any other medium. Internet users spend 88% more time on a website that has video than one that doesn’t. So why not include video blogs in your articles? Here’s a few more reasons.
5 Reasons You Need to Start Creating Video Blogs
- Video Marketing is a powerful tool for reaching customers. The best way to capitalize on video content is to integrate it with your other marketing efforts. When done strategically, videos can be used to help increase engagement with your blog posts.
- Videos increase the time spent on your content. It’s important to note how your readers are interacting with your content. Is your bounce rate high? By sharing video blogs in your online articles and marketing campaigns, you may keep your customers online much longer.
- Videos help break up the text in your blog posts. As a marketer, you need to understand how your consumers or audience absorb your content. It’s been proven that breaking up the text in bullet points or sharing photos and videos every few paragraphs enhance the online experience. Digestible and interactive content is key!
- Videos attract Millennials. Videos are a major driving factor of Millennials’ consumer behavior, and much of their buying decisions result from watching video content.
- Video Blogs can be used in Cross Promotion and/or be Repurposed. Once you create a video, always upload it to your YouTube account first. When it’s live, you can then share your website URL under the video, post the video on social media or use it in blog posts and email marketing campaigns. There are so many opportunities for cross promotion and repurposing!
Here’s a few more articles explaining the power of video content in marketing:
Needless to say, if you are not including video blogs in your content strategy, you are missing a great opportunity to engage your target audience, expand your brand and boost sales.
If you would like help with creating video blogs, get in touch!
Advertising Is Simple is a full-service marketing agency located in Wilmington, Delaware helping small to mid-sized businesses with all their digital marketing, radio and television advertising needs.