Today’s customers are hungry for information and we are the ones to give it to them. How many times do you ask someone a question and if they don’t know the answer they “Google It”? I think in my case it is at least 8 out of 10. Then why not give the customer what they want. Think about the shows you watch. Does your spouse, sibling, parent or colleague watch the same things? Probably not. Well the same is probably true about your customer. They like to get their content in different ways. That is why every business needs to create different types of content to reach a variety of people.
5 Types of Content Every Business Needs
- Video is and has been one of the most powerful tools for reaching customers. The best way to capitalize on video content is to integrate it with your other marketing efforts. When done strategically, videos can be used to help increase engagement with your blog posts. They can also be used in social media and email newsletters. Video has something none of the other types of content has. It creates a huge impact through sight, sound motion and emotions.
- Podcasts are another form of content. With podcasts you are usually reaching that person on the go. Whether they are driving in the car, working on a project or baking a pie, (yum) these people are very interested in the topic(s) the podcaster is discussing. Many podcast are for entertainment purposes, but it is also a great way to teach someone a new skill or educate them on a specific topic. In 2022 over 17 million people listen to podcasts. The audience is still growing and is a great way to connect to a captive audience.
- Social Media is an important form of content in an unobtrusive way. As a marketer, you need to understand how your consumers or audience absorb your content. It’s been proven that posting and sharing videos on social media is the way to go. Transparent and interactive content is key! Social media is social for a reason! People do not want to be sold on Facebook, Instagram, Tik Tok, etc… They want to be entertained. Posting your content should be fun. You can sprinkle in a few educational post and deals, but for the most part, just keep the platform as a way to entertain! We know it takes time to develop and post social media, so why not use a social media poster to schedule and plan your posts. Using a social media planner can increase your traffic by 192%.
- Infographics are a great way of getting out content that may be boring. This is a great way of sharing a lot of boring stats or steps on how to do something. Think about the last time you bought something that needed to be assembled. Did it come with directions? Were they all written or did they have diagrams of how to assemble the product. This is the same thing; people can follow the step by step directions or absorb stats in a much easier way with infographics.
- Finally, we get to the old tried and true blog. One thing is certain. Being consistent when blogging is very important. If someone comes to your blog or website and sees the last blog is from 2019, they feel as though that business is not up on the latest and greatest ideas or care about their business. I know all of us are very busy, but it is important to educate prospect and show you are an authoritative figure in your industry. This can be accomplished by posting regular, informative information on your business or in your industry.
In summary, it may be hard to do all of these types of content at once and run a business in the process, but if you pick 2 or 3 of them and are consistent with them you will keep your customers informed and may even get some new ones.
Needless to say, if you are not using some of these in your content strategy, you are missing a great opportunity to engage your target audience, expand your brand and boost sales.
If you would like help with choosing the correct content to post get in touch!
Advertising Is Simple is a full-service marketing agency located in Wilmington, Delaware helping small to mid-sized businesses with all their digital marketing, radio and television advertising needs.