Things happen quickly in the digital world and it should come as no surprise that website design has been rapidly changing over the last few years. With Google favoring mobile-friendly websites as well as the explosion of consumer need for graphic content such as videos, it has become necessary for a constant monitoring and adjustments to a company’s digital strategy.
Not to mention, a well-maintained website generates more leads and helps to grow your business. If your site is more than a few years old, it is safe to say that you are in need of a website makeover.
To demonstrate the must have website design elements that will enhance the user experience, we will use one of the recent website makeovers we did for our client, Frank’s Wine.
5 Must Have Website Design Elements:
1. Use a Responsive Design – Your website design should respond to the visitor’s behavior and be displayed properly on different devices or screen sizes. This is achieved by designing flexible grids and layouts and well as including images and CSS media queries.
2. Mobile-Friendly Functionality – It is important to have a clean and efficient design that fits a small phone or tablet screen that is easy to navigate. Making contact and taking action are important features to take into consideration when planning out a mobile website. Many smartphone users are making spur of the minute decisions, such as where to eat or purchase an item by searching for reviews, price comparisons and product specifications from their mobile device.
3. Multiple Optimized Landing Pages – While redesigning your website should focus on the visual elements, form and function need to work well together. Make sure to incorporate SEO on each landing page you create. Building a beautiful website does you no good if no one can find it!
4. Include Social Media Links – Showcasing every way you can communicate, connect and engage with your potential customer is crucial in today’s marketing climate. That is why you need to make sure that you include your social media links on the website in the clear way, should your visitors choose to connect with you through different platforms.
5. Provide Calls to Action on Every Page – Whether you provide services or sell products, in order to encourage your website visitors to take action you need to include CTA buttons on each page. See the example below:
Advertising your business is a big part of growing your business. But if you don’t have all your ducks in a row, you could be wasting your advertising dollars. To be a success, you need a website that works for you and allows your customers to get what they are looking for.
If you have any questions or would like to find out more about how Advertising Is Simple can help you design a website, get in touch!