Voice search has been making strides in the recent years and we’re not surprised. After all, it is a more convenient way for customers to find what they’re looking for online. Not to mention, it’s way quicker to ask your phone for an answer than it is to type it out. The more important question now is: have you incorporated voice search optimization into your SEO strategy yet?
As a business owner or marketer, you probably wonder now what are the best ways to master voice search optimization this year? We have the answer.
5 Ways to Master Voice Search Optimization in 2019
- Focus on Question Phrases – Surely, voice queries contain conversational words and are longer but that doesn’t mean you need to use long-tail keywords in your content. Instead, think how your audience speaks about your business, products, and services to come up with the best keyword strategy.
- Answer the Public – Not sure what questions people are asking regarding your industry? Answer the Public is a great resource to use when working on your copy. Just make sure you’re including the question and the answer in your blog posts or company listings.
- Claim your Google My Business Listing – If you’re trying to target local customers, you need to make sure they can find you first. For example, when someone uses voice search to find an “ad agency in Delaware”, hopefully your business will come up thanks to the keyword strategy you have in place. However, if a potential customer wants to find ”ad agency near me”, this is where your claimed Google My Business listing can help. Make sure your business is up to date with correct address, contact info, open hours and website link to get the most out of local SEO benefits.
- Be Mobile-Friendly – Let’s be honest, attention spans are only getting shorter these days. Time to make sure your website is up to speed! Being mobile-friendly also includes easy navigation and clear web design. To check how your website is performing on mobile devices, you can use Google’s Mobile-Friendly Test Tool.
- Focus on Featured Snippets – You know those highlighted points on top of your search page? This is where you should aim to appear! This so-called “position zero” is a prime real estate for voice search. While there’s no definite answer on how to get there, you can certainly help it with your conversational tone and relevance of copy. This is why it’s so important to know what people are looking for! Remember to utilize Answer the Public platform when creating your content or working on your Google listing bio.
Need help with voice search optimization?
Contact Advertising Is Simple! Our mission is to increase our clientele’s brand online exposure through the use of proven SEO techniques and unparalleled customer service in order to create a greater ROI.
We are particularly vested in search engine optimization, mobile website design, and original content management in order to help our clientele claim their share of the marketplace.